A wonderful reader of Life in the Dub Lane submitted these amazing Fall dessert recipes. Thank you Loyce!
Pumpkin Shaped Chocolate Cake
(not my own-from Quick and Simple)
* 2 package(s) (18.25-oz.) chocolate cake mix, plus additional ingredients as directed on package
* 1 1/4 cup(s) confectioners' sugar
* 1 tablespoon(s) (light) corn syrup
* 4 teaspoon(s) milk
* red and yellow food coloring , or orange, if available, optional
* 1/3 cup(s) chocolate frosting
* 1 wafer ice cream cone
* 1 small tube green decorating icing , optional
* edible leaf or petal sugar decorations, for garnish, optional
1. Mist two standard 12-cup Bundt cake pans with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare cake mixes as package label directs for 2 Bundt cakes. Bake as directed. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then invert cakes onto wire racks to cool completely. You can also prepare cakes one at a time using the same pan.
2. Meanwhile, prepare glaze: In a small bowl, stir confectioners’ sugar, corn syrup and 4 tsp. milk together with a fork until smooth. Blend in remaining 1 tsp. milk, if necessary, for desired consistency. If you like, use food coloring to tint glaze orange, or just leave glaze white.
3. Trim the flat side of each cake with a serrated knife so it’s even. Place one cake, rounded side down, on a serving plate. Spread chocolate frosting on top (not a thick layer, just enough to hold the two cakes together). Position second cake on top of the first, flat side down.
4. Stir glaze again and drizzle over cake. Invert ice cream cone into hole in top of cake to make the pumpkin’s stem. If you like, use green icing to decorate the cone and arrange edible leaf decorations around it.
My "Famous" French Silk Pie
(Contains raw eggs, Keep cool)
Any pie crust (I prefer Keebler® Ready Crust® Graham Pie Crust)
Brush crust with butter and bake according to pkg. directions. Cool Completely!
1 stick of butter or margarine (no lite or diet)
3/4 c. sugar
1 square of unsweetened chocolate (melted and cooled)
1 t. vanilla
2 eggs, divided use.
With a mixer, cream butter, gradually add the sugar, blend in the sugar, then vanilla, add 1 egg and beat on high for 5 mins, scraping bowl often, add next egg and beat on high for 5 mins, scraping bowl often. Pour into cooled pie crust. Chill.
Topping: 6 oz of cool whip, thawed (no lite or diet) and chocolate shaving
They are both requested each year for Thanksgiving. Enjoy!